Tourism collaborations near the Rhine and Lauter date back to 1981, although it wasn’t until 1990 that they were all brought together under the umbrella of the newly founded association "Touristik-Gemeinschaft Baden-Elsass-Pfalz e.V", also known as "Vis-à-Vis". This tourism association brings together about 70 members from the Baden, Northern Alsace and Southern Palatinate regions. Our members include towns, cities, communities, tourism organisations, accommodation facilities and tourism service providers. The association's office is located at the Regionalverband Mittlerer Oberrhein (Regional Planning Association Middle Upper Rhine) building in Karlsruhe. The information point is located at the Eurodistrict PAMINA building in Neulauterburg, near the german-french border.
- Our tourism association provides a network of entities operating locally and beyond within the tourism sector and based in the German/French region between the Vosges, the Black Forest and the Palatinate Forest.
- We work with our members on joint german-french tourism projects and products.
- In building our network, we help entities get to know one another, encourage intercultural exchange on a professional level and strengthen working relationships across borders.
As a cooperation and networking platform, we promote the exchange and cooperation of tourism stakeholders in the PAMINA region.
Together with the tourism partners, we develop ideas for German-French projects and implement them with the support of working groups.
Among other things, we are currently working on:
- German-French themed cycle tours through the Southern Palatinate, Northern Alsace and Northern Baden, leisurely routes
- a professional exchange concerning the thermal resorts in the PAMINA region,
- the building and promotion of trekking sites in Northern Alsace,
- a joint project to bundle the fortress heritage in the Upper Rhine region and make it better known both locally and throughout Europe,
- the exchange on the topic of accessibility,
- the topic of the Cistercians for cross-border and tourist use.
Press relations and presentation of the PAMINA region at tourism trade fairs or events.